Search for a Home
What's Your Home Worth?
Beautiful Verdugo Homes...
A little history before we get started. Southern California was claimed by the King of Spain, Glendale was originally part of Rancho San Rafael, which was granted by the Spanish governor of California to Corporal Jose Maria Berdugo (later changed to Verdugo) in 1798. Through inheritance, sale, and foreclosure, culminating in the "Great Partition" of 1871, the 36,000-acre rancho was divided among several landowners.
Subdivision activity gained momentum in the early 1880s in Glendale, as elsewhere in southern California. Settlement was stimulated by the completion of the transcontinental railroad, its connection to Los Angeles by the Southern Pacific in 1876, and the subsequent link to the Santa Fe system in 1881. With the coming of the railroad, a real estate boom ensued. The 150-acre town of "Glendale" as it became known, was surveyed and recorded in 1887, with the boundaries established at First Street (now Lexington) on the north, Fifth Street (now Harvard) on the south, Central Avenue on the west, and the Childs Tract (the area on the east side of Glendale Avenue and between First [Lexington] and Ninth [Windsor] Streets) .
Senior Residential, Shortsale Foreclosure Resource
Toll Free: 888-284-2056